We know many players are keen to sway shirts with Lionel Messi after matches, but the Barcelona legend has released a photo showing his collection with some interesting inclusions.
- Most shirts appear to be teammates, former teammates or Argentinian players.
- All shirts show the back of the jersey except the two Argentina jerseys.
- Cesc Fabregas and Gerard Pique's shirts are given close prominence to the center - Messi has known them well since they were in the same junior team when Messi joined at the age of 13.
- Pablo Aimar's shirt is given high placement - Aimar was Messi's hero when he was a kid.
- Despite never having played against West Ham, Manuel Lanzini's Hammers jersey is given a prime spot. Lanzini and Messi are national teammates and are very close.
- Francesco Totti's Roma jersey is also in a prime spot - most likely because it's Francesco Totti.
- A few of the stranger inclusions appear to be Granada's Youssef El-Arabi, Ajax's Nicolai Boilesen, Club Leon's Mauro Boselli, AC Milan's Kevin Constant.
- Obviously the full collection is not visible, but some on social media have already made note of the fact that the likes of Neymar, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Gonzalo Higuain and, of course, Cristiano Ronaldo are all absent. Yes, like everything in modern football in regards to Messi, even this is over-analysed.
You can safely assume that a few players would have Messi jersey on a wall somewhere.